There are two small groups of islands.
One of these situated in the Bay of Bengal, off the coast of Myanmar is known as the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The other is known as Lakshadweep and situated in the Arabian Sea, off the coast of Kerala.
The Andaman Islands consists of –
 North,  Middle,  South and  Little Andaman Islands
Port Blair is the capital city of the entire Union Territory and is located in South Andaman Island.
This island group is separated by the Ten Degree Channel.
To the south of the Ten Degree Channel, the Nicobar Islands are situated.
They include Car Nicobar, Little Nicobar and Great Nicobar Islands from north to south.
Indira Point, the southernmost point of the Indian Union, lies in Great Nicobar Island.
These islands represent a submerged chain of mountains.
The Barren Island in the Andaman is India’s only active volcano.
This island group faces seven countries – Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
Lakshadweep Islands are situated in the Arabian Sea, off the coast of Kerala.
All these islands are of coral origin.
All these islands are very small in size.
The largest island among these, the Minicoy, has an area of 4.5 square km only.
Kavaratti is the capital city of this island group.
- INDIA – PHYSICAL – LOCATION, EXTENT, AND BOUNDARIES OF INDIA
- Physiographic Divisions of India
- The Himalayas- Himadri, Himachal and Siwalik
- The Trans-Himalayan Ranges
- The Great Northern Plains
- The Great Indian Plateau – Deccan Plateau, The Central Highlands
- Coastal Plains – East Coastal and West Coastal
- Drainage System of North and South India
- Difference Between Himalayan And Peninsular Drainage System