The multi-benefit scheme for the agricultural workers commenced on 1 July 2001.
The scheme provided life insurance protection, periodical lump sum survival benefit and pension to those who were between the ages of 18-50 years.
Gram Panchayat was to act as a nodal agency and with the help of NGO/SHG or any other agency, would identify the agricultural workers.
The minimum membership of the group at commencement should be 20.
Click the following links to Read more:
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- National Horticulture Mission
- National Bamboo Mission
- National Agricultural Policy 2002
- National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS)
- Pilot Weather based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS)
- Farm Income Insurance Scheme (FIIS)
- Rainfall Insurance— “Varsha Bima”